Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Projects Update

After yesterdays post about all the projects I have going on I focused and got down to work.

First thing I did was to work on the little rug, as in mug size rug, I started on Saturday at the Wool Poppies meeting. This is where I was when I left the meeting:


This is where I am today:

 
While I'm on the topic of rug hooking here is the update on my very first rug. Here it is where we left it the last time I posted about it:
 


Here it is today.


I have a little bit of backround to do and I'll be able to put the binding on. I just learned I shouldn't leave the backround for last but work on it a little at a time. Wish I would have known that sooner.

Back to yesterday, after I worked on the heart rug I went into my studio and started working on all my blog projects.

I chose and transferred the pattern for the Stitch Me Up Blog Hop, I put together the top of the pincushion for the Pin Keep Swap and finalized the materials for It's All About Me.

Unfortunately because these projects are to be a surprise I can't show my progress but I can show you some of the materials I considered for It's All About Me:


Who knew choosing a material for this small project would be so time consuming?

All in all a very productive day.

Til next time, Ronda

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to why you shouldn't leave the background to the very last. It's such a small rug, it should'n really matter. I can see not leaving it all to the last on a big rug because it probably would be boring. It looks good by the way.

    What size cut are you using with the sheep rug? It looks quite wide. I use narrow cuts from #3 for small details or outline and up to #6 for larger areas.
    I've been using jute burlap backing since I had purchased a large piece and my next project will be on linen backing. Are you using monks cloth?

    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia I replied to your post via email, hope that was okay. I had some questions regarding rug hooking for you.

      Delete
  2. Wow...That's some unique work...love it !! thanks for stopping bye ...always nice to have a new blogging friend...xo ~sabri~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sabri, Thanks. I'm new at rug hooking and am having fun. I love learning new things.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.