Thursday, January 24, 2013

A reason to go to your Local Quilt Shop

Today is Local Quilt Shop Day. (thanks to Emedoodle from Mommy's Nap Time for reminding me)

 


Like many of you I shop on line for the convience or at JoAnn's for the price. If we don't support our LQS it may disappear, how sad would that be? No displays of beautiful fabrics (that we can touch), no great classes, no friendly quilters to talk to, I couldn't bear it.

How do you support your LQS? Me? I take classes, doing a BOM, and buy some of my fabric there.

Let's go shopping! If you can't make it today try to get there before the end of the weekend. Urge your friends to do the same.



Here is a sneak peak of the BOM that I'm doing through my LQS, more pictures tomorrow.

 
Til next time, Ronda
 

9 comments:

  1. This really does apply to me - I received some fabric from USA today - bought online. Locally (one mile) I have a quilt shop! Sadly it has rather old fashioned designs - the best seem to be in USA and even here in London the smaller shops stock old fashioned stuff. Given me some thought though (I do buy notions there).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't shop in mine as much as I should but I'd be sad if it closed so I'm going to try to support it where I can.

      Delete
  2. I agree that it's good to support local. Sometimes they don't have what we want though. I also buy online for supplies that I can't find locally.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, I live in a small community and a lot of our locally owned businesses have closed. I'd hate if the quilt shop closed so I'm going to support it whenever I can.

      Delete
  3. I do not have a LQS but I do have a local (30 minutes) cross stitch shop that I was able to visit today. I only just discovered that they were there. I found some lovely fabrics and a few charts that I have been wanting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, In this economy I think it's important that we try to support our local shops whenever possible. I'm going to try to better at it this year.

      Delete
  4. I do support my local quilt shop alot--with classes and fabrics and notions--but I also shop at sales online and with coupons at Joanns for some of the notions--hardly ever buy fabric from Joann's though-was way too cold for me to walk to the quilt shop today--maybe next week it will be warmer!!!
    Hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di, I also love to use JoAnn's coupons, notions, thread and seasonal stuff. I'm going to try to support my LQS more this year.

      Delete
  5. Ronda ~
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Nice to "meet" you.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.