Monday, December 10, 2012

Easiest fudge ever

Yesterday I decided I wanted to make fudge so I went to my favorite on-line recipe site, Allrecipes.com to check out recipes. I found the following recipe, it's fast, easy and it turned out great (DH says I'll need to make more before Christmas).

 
 
Fudge:
 
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condense milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
 
Directions:
 
1. Place chocolate chips , sweetened condensed milk, and butter in large microwaveable bowl. Cook in microwave on medium until chips are melted, DO NOT BOIL! Stir once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.
 
2. Pour into well-greased 8x8 inch glass baking dish. (I buttered the dish AND lined it with foil which I also buttered, it made it easy to remove from the pan) Refrigerate until set.
 
NOTE: In reading the reviews I learned that many people thought using semisweet chocolate chips made the fudge taste too dark and suggested using a mixture of milk chocolate chips and semisweet chips. I don't care for dark chocolate so I used all milk chocolate chips and was very pleased with the results.
 
Getting ready to watch Michael Buble's Christmas special---can't wati.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it looks good to me!
    Rhonda, I am giving you a Liebster Award. I don't know if you've already received one, but if not, you can read about it here: http://www.smcbydesign.com/2012/12/my-liebster-award-post.html

    Happy Tuesday!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon, Thanks for the award, I haven't received one yet. I needed the encouragement. Ronda

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.