Friday, August 30, 2013

Road Trip part 1

MM has been wanting to go to the Golfsmith store in Pleasanton, CA so we took a roadtrip. Why would anyone drive 3 hours to go to a golf store you ask, because it is a superstore. As the pictures will show below you can find anything that has to do with golf in this store, even lessons and club fitting. Wish they had a superstore for quilters.

Impressive from the outside.

 
Clubs are displayed on 3/4's of the back wall. They even have a good selection of ladies clubs. Sorry about the small picture but I had to back way up to get most of the area in.
 
 
Golf clothes took up the center part of the store, this is just a small area. 
 
 
Shoes anyone? I love that they are now marketing "hybrid" golf shoes that you can wear on and off the course. They look a lot like fancy tennis shoes to me.

 
 
Pull carts and golf bags.
 
 
Accessories: balls, gloves, hats, ect, ect, ect.
 
 

There is even an indoor driving range where you can test clubs to your hearts delight.
 

 
I bought a sleeve of golf balls I've been wanting to try and a new glove.
 
 MM got to choose one thing for his birthday (coming up in September). Would it be new shoes? a new club? No he decided on a range finder. It looks like a watch and fits on his wrist, gives him yardage to the hole when he's on the course.
 
When we got home yesterday he drove up to our local course and tried it out. He didn't play he just walked the first two holes and said it worked great.
 
After a couple of hours in the store we were starving so we went to On The Border for lunch.
 

 
Then it was on to.....
 
Tune in next time to see where we go next. Ronda
 

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite a golfer's candy store.

    I don't gulf but my daughter does. I hope that your new gloves and balls gives you some pleasures on the gulf course. Maybe a little break from all that hooking...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, it's been too hot for me to go golfing, but I'll be ready when it cools off. Hubby goes golfing once a week with his buddies, good exercise for him.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.