Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quilts, Rugs and animals at the fair

The Mariposa County Fair in Mariposa CA is held on Labor Day weekend. MM and I decided to check it out.

The good thing about small fairs is that they aren't very crowded.

 
4H is very active in this community. This boy was getting ready to take his goose for a walk.
 

 
These two won 1st and second place for their technique in showing their goats. The girl won first place.

 
Here are a few of the quilts, because of the way they were displayed it was hard to get good pictures.
 
 
I think this one would make a good rug pattern:
 
 
Appropriate pattern for a mountain town:
 
 
A crazy quilt won best of show:
 
 
It was a king size quilt
 
 
Here come the rugs.
 
This one is about 3'x5'
 
 
Another rug artist version. This one was 4'x6'
 
 
A mat to cover a wooden foot rest.
 
 
Flowers seemed to be the theme this year. This one is about 4'x3'
 
Roses 4'x3'
 
 
Final rug, the only braided rug in the show.

 
 
 
I was pleasantly surprised to see rugs at the fair. I can't wait until October to see if any are entered in the Fresno Fair. It's a much bigger fair so I'm hopeful.
 
On our way home we stopped at the Mariposa Coffee Company:
 

 
 

 

They roast coffee and it smelled wonderful. I bought some burlap bags to repurpose, but no coffee this time.

What a fun day we had.

Til next time, Ronda



 

4 comments:

  1. Our Fair starts today and it's quite a big fair with noisy rides and all that stuff. I used to go every years but now I don't go near there except to the feed store near by. There is no place to park the car unless you walk quite a distance.

    Thanks for the rug show.

    Happy Labor Day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to add " and thanks for the quilt show too".
    You can tell I'm in a rush.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, I really appreciate you taking the time to post on my blog, no worries about "typos". Ronda

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.