Saturday, September 19, 2015

Catching up

Can't believe it's been 9 months since I posted last.

The biggest change that has happened in my life is my Great granddaughter Miss Kendrick. She was born on 12/30/15 and is a happy girl. This picture of my girls (Kendrick and her Mama Catie) was taken at the beach this summer. Aren't they beautiful?

 

 Another big and sad change is that we lost our Yorkie, Miss Roxy in May. She was in our lives for 14 wonderful years and made us smile everyday. We miss her so much.

 
 
Our shop is surviving in spite of the drought and the wild fires this summer. We were lucky that the fires weren't close to us but we did have smoke for several weeks.
 
We had some cooler weather this week but it's suppose to go back into the 100's the next couple of days. Like many of you I'm ready for fall so I made a pumpkin pie yesterday to get the season started.
 
 
 
We've started looking for a new fur baby. We're really drawn to Yorkies but may visit the local shelter to see if we can find someone to rescue. The danger in going to a shelter is that Mountain Man is going to bring them all home.
 
Til next time, Ronda

 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. So nice to see a new post from you Ronda! i've often wondered how things are going for you out there in one of my favorite places on earth. Glad you are doing well and not being threatened by the fires.
    Very sorry to hear about Roxy. Aren't you lucky to have had her in your lives for 14 years!
    Hope you'll get back into the blogging rhythm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lookin pie Rhonda. Was sorry for your loss of Roxie though. They sure do get in your hearts. I have two rescues and love them dearly. Hope you find the perfect fit. Ah, I think you might have that birthdate wrong. 8-)). Beautiful girls. Hope to see more of you.
    Blessings to you and yours
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pie looks delicious! Adorable girls, and so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.