Monday, June 10, 2013

Starting a new rug and BFF's first wool project.

I've been working on the design for my next rug and think I finally have it. I've been trying to enjoy the process but must admit I was frustrated by my inability to decide on a design.

Design in process.


Deciding how big my backing needs to be.


I've cut the backing and drawn the borders of the center of my rug on it. Next I need to transfer my pattern to some tulle and then I'll draw it on my backing. Maybe by next week I'll start hooking it.

The Ladies mat is waiting for me to decide how to finish the edging. I'm going to go to a rug hooking camp in late July so I may wait until I can have the instructor help me.

My BFF joined me at wool club and has finished her first project.


The original pattern was for a pincushion but R made it into this cute pillow. She added the embroidered phrases. I love the way it turned out.

Til next time, Ronda









2 comments:

  1. Ronda, you are such a cheerleader and inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting another project. I usuallt trace my pattern with a black market and tape my design in the window and tape my backing in place making sure that it's straight and I can see through the backing enough to trace on the backing with a fine black permanant marker. There are other methods but that's how I've been doing it since I don't have a lighted box.
    Te little pillow is darling.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.