Monday, February 11, 2013

New frame and other accomplishments

My back is feeling better today but I'm going to baby it for a few more days. Thank you for all of your concern.

On Thursday I received my rug hooking frame from I Love Rug Hooking:


It sits in my lap and tilts and will swivel 360 degrees.

 
As you can see my dragonfly rug is on it. Here is a close up of my progress:
 


It is square, it looks wonky because of the way it is stretched on the frame.

Speaking of rug hooking I won a wonderful new pattern from Saundra of Woodland Junction.

 
Isn't she cute? I love the little chick peeking out from her skirt. Saundra shared how she developed this pattern on her blog. I learned what a beauty line is, I think I'm going to paint one on my face.
 
Today's another big rug hooking equipment day, the Bliss cutter I found on Ebay is suppose to arrive. Hummmm, new frame, cutter, pattern, no excuses not to be hooking---rug hooking that is.
 
 
Til next time. Ronda

16 comments:

  1. Your dragonfly is turning out to be real cute and colorful. You know I don't like birds, but the mama chicken and her chicks is adorable. I'm glad your back is feeling better. I could SO relate to Julia's past comment about the bathroom problem when your back is out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. Yep, Julia got right to the point. Yesterday it seemed like everything I wanted was located where I'd have to bend to get it.

      Delete
  2. Your dragonfly rug is looking very pretty. Love your new rug hooking frame. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you got your new frame. It should make hooking a lot more fun.
    When my rug doesn't fit the frame I zigzag and extension so it fit the whole frame and it's quick to remove the stitching afterward.

    Your rug looks very nice.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia. I'll have to try the extension method. Any hints for working with black? I find it hard to see the loops.

      Delete
    2. Try using antique black. It's not as harsh as the jet black.

      With some colors, I can see better in the day time. I have difficulty seeing the right shade at night. Must be because I'm getting old.

      JB

      Delete
  4. Love your rug !! And...Congratulations on your win from Saundra !! She is a sweety and her design is just toooo cute !!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. My little rug is coming along. This is the first one I haven't done from a kit so it's been an adventure.

      Delete
  5. Hello, Ronda, my Dear! Wow! I want to learn rug hooking! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
    So nice to "meet" you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Anne, so glad you stopped by. I just started rug hooking and am having fun learning a new craft. I'll pop over and visit you soon. Ronda

      Delete
  6. Your project is really lovely. This is one craft I have not tried but had thought about. Just not enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, thanks for stopping by. I just started rug hooking myself, it seems there's always something I want to try.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's so cool! I don't know anything about rug hooking, but it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!! Love getting new tools! Looking forward to watching your progress. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, Thanks for visiting. I'll be visiting you soon.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.