Monday, March 17, 2014

Big improvement in the garden

Yesterday afternoon was slow in the shop so MM pulled up the UGLY platform that was in the garden.

 
I thought it was an eyesore and was very uninviting.

We started putting down some pea size gravel in the platforms place. I thought about leaving it just dirt but I think we'd have a muddy mess when it rains.

 
It's hard to see in this picture, but you can see the difference with the platform gone. We need to add a few more bags to finish the area off.

 
I'm planning to visit our local nursery tomorrow to get ideas of what to plant. Can you tell I'm having fun?
 
Til next time, Ronda

 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Looking at the entire space is overwhelming . I'm going to take it an area at a time.

      Delete
  2. does look much better-enjoy picking the plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I'm thinking of starting with some lavender, it's easy to grow and smells great.

      Delete
  3. I wonder what the nursery suggest. So many options and plants make such a difference. We had a very large lavender bush in the garden but during the year it attracted dozens of bees and wasps, so my DH got rid of it. (was handy for making lavender sachets)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and will do my best to respond. Once you enter a comment you can choose Name/URL from the list , enter your name, leave the URL blank and click on continure.